Our multifamily owner, operator and developer partners needed practical resources to help them protect their affordable housing portfolios.
Leveraging more than twenty years of experience helping communities withstand and recover from natural disasters, we created the nation’s first resilience academy for affordable housing to deliver the effective and affordable climate risk reduction resources our partners needed.
Building upon the success of our first academy, we tailored the cohort-based training program to address unique regional hazards. Our completed academies include Southeast, Gulf Coast, New York and Rocky Mountains. We are on schedule to complete three additional academies for the West Coast, Midwest and Mid-Atlantic by the end of 2024.
Building more confident portfolios
Our academies were designed to ensure program participants leave feeling more confident about addressing climate risk across their portfolios. The curriculum tailors key modules to meet the unique challenges of different regions around the country.
Our cohort-based training academy was designed to help participants:
- Gain a deeper understanding of climate risks and how to apply resilience concepts
- Understand how to navigate different funding sources and available dollars as well as deploy funds for when they become available
- Access case studies and other learnings that leverage best practices from the broader field
- Join a regional peer network committed to advancing community resilience
- Apply for custom technical assistance (available for an engaged cohort of partners)